Thursday, October 2, 2014

Passion Project Update - Week 2 Brian Cichocki

So for my passion project I came out of my comfort zone of sports and baseball, which I have exhausted for years, and dove headfirst into the vast, complex and intimidating world of Human Biology. And I realize that I must face down another obstacle laid before me in the form of long and intimidating words, like Tropomyosin and troponin, which I presume to be cells, molecules, etc. but I still need to find out what they mean. I have not found very much as of now and have not learned much, but right now I am just trtying to gather resources for my research, such as Khan Academy and articles on human biology. I have gotten a few sources I believe to be credible. And I have learned some stuff, such as that goosebumps, actually officially called goosepimples, are caused by what was an adaptation back before we evolved and were covered in hair like apes. I found it quite interesting to learn that and will be excited to find out more about all of the human biology. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Brian! It's great to read how honestly you've written this post. I can tell that although the concepts may be complex, you will definitely be able to teach yourself. Let me know if you'd like to interview a high school Biology teacher.

    ReplyDelete